Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple Surprise!

(November, 12, 2011 - Saturday => A Decent Presentation!)

I was always trying to make more time to write a decent presentation of our Kitchen, but time is passing by so fast.. is it just me or is it really flying?

So, I posted one of my favorite creations: Apple Surprise. Quick, easy and very very tasty.

I created it for Thanksgiving last year. I'm not a cook., I mean, I'm not a professional cook, but I'm a cooking lover big time.

I just have such a joy cooking and creating, and my son is learning to feel the same passion, he loves to watch or "help" me.

This is our Kitchen! You are very welcome!

I hope you like our recipes, leave me the link for your recipes, comment and always come back!





- 4 large baking apples
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice

- plain roasted almonds and dried cranberries to garnish the topping.
(you can cut the almonds into small pieces if you prefer)

-> You will need a melon baller to take out the pulp.


Wash outside of apples.
Cut off the tap (as a lead, keep stem)
With a melon baller you are going to take the pulp out.
Separate the little balls of pulp in a cointaner.
Make sure you remove and discart the middle pulp with the seeds (core). But everything can be done delicatly with a melon baller.

(The idea is to make the apple look like a cup).

Place the apples (cup shaped) in a plate or any other of dish you like, they don't need to be baked.

Now, you are going to cook the little balls of the apples's pulp.

In a medium pot, melt the brown sugar while adding the wine, the water, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and all the pulp, mixing together thoroughly.

Cook it in medium-low heat for 10 minutes, turn it off and add the orange and lemon juice, stir, wait until it cool down and then you can start filling each apple with pulp with its syrup until the top.

Garnish with almonds and cranberries; you might use the apple's leads for decoration too.


Servings: 4

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes

I hope you enjoy it!!

4 comments:

  1. Love any recipe using apples, this looks yummy! Plus it only has a handful of ingredients which is always great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty presentation. That would be fun to take to a party. I always have apples around the house because they are my favorite fruit. Thanks for sharing this on Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits. I am sort of late getting around this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with finding friends, hopping in from Closer to Lucy's. If you haven't already please stop in and follow your hostesses and co-host. Happy hopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, have never heard of doing this...sounds delicious!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you are in our Kitchen! Please, share your thoughts!